Helping Hounds adoption fees help assist with the costs of our dogs’ needs when in our care. These costs can vary depending on the age of a dog and any special medical considerations. This care includes:
- All dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
- Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordatella vaccinations given when age appropriate.
- Heartworm test/treatment, if positive.
- Monthly preventatives for heartworm, fleas and ticks.
- Tested and treated for internal parasites.
- Any other medically necessary treatment to prepare them for a healthy start with their new family
- Certificate for a free wellness exam along with $250 credit to treat common rescue/shelter issues at a participating VCA Veterinary Hospital
o $300 for dogs age 6 months +
o $350 for puppies under the age of 6 months