Who Can Adopt from Helping Hounds
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for the dog.
- Adoption applications must be filled out completely and will be reviewed by our Adoption Coordinator.
- We will need picture ID, with name and current address, to verify your information.
- If you own your home, we will verify this information with your town’s assessment.
- If you rent, we must get permission from whoever owns the property.
- If you are looking to adopt a dog and already have animals at home, we must speak with your vet to verify your animals are up to date with current vaccinations and altered. We will also ask if your animals are seen for routine check ups.
- Bring along any family members that live at your home, including other pets and children, for an introduction to your new canine companion.
Please Note: HHDR reserves the right to deny any application for any reason after reviewing the above requirements. We may also recommend a different dog to better meet your needs. We firmly believe in matching the right dog with the right home. We never encourage families to pick a dog based on appearance. Breed, activity level, temperament, size and emotional needs are always a priority.