Our adoption program is not intended to duplicate the services provided by the traditional shelter organizations that have been doing good work for decades such as direct intake from owners no longer able to keep their dogs. However, we do recognize there are times when the space is not available to help a dog in need and when we can, we are willing to offer our assistance in finding a new family for your dog.
In order for your dog to be considered for our adoption program, the following requirements must be met:
· Your dog is social and friendly, able to meet, play and walk with strangers.
· Your dog has no bite history.
· Your dog is not extremely reactive or aggressive toward other dogs.
· Your dog has current rabies and distemper vaccinations.
· Your dog must have a relationship with a veterinarian.
If you feel you meet these minimum requirements, please complete the surrender inquiry form and a representative from Helping Hounds will contact you. `
If you do not meet these requirements, please reach out to a shelter that meets your needs.